Wednesday 13 February 2013

Blast Off: Rocket Pack!

Things are heating up around here - its fire season and there's plenty of it at our place!

Our lil guy has spent most of the summer tearing around the house & yard in black undies. Just black undies. Thats it. Black undies. His latest superhero crush is Astro Boy and he has taken on his character boots and all - quite literally! He just loves those rocket boots and gives the cutest little rendition of "what?! I've got machine guns in my butt?!" - not the greatest movie line for  for a tiny tot to be quoting but I have a quiet chuckle each time I hear it.

I had this little project in mind for a while and even had the empty soft drink bottles sitting under my kitchen sink for months before I finally got around to it.

It is THE BEST craft for a little boy - any little guy would love it and its super cheap..just stash away a couple of empty soft drink bottles!

Here's how it turned out.....





And here he goes  rocketing down the yard....!


Want to make one for your lil dude? Its simple -

1. Take some sturdy cardboard (an old nappy box or the like) and make a panel to fit his upper back

2. Add some elastic to the panel to act as arm bands

3. Paint your "rockets"

4. Use some felt/fabric scraps to make fire shapes and glue into the bottle spouts

5. Glue your "rockets" to the back panel

6. You're done!!

How cool are these?!

Ollie took his for a spin at the local shops and had onlookers in stitches! Picture him running alongside me (with clothes - I do make him dress when we go out) while I'm running with bubs in the stroller - priceless!

We are still getting mileage out of these a week later - a long time in the land of Ollie who tires of things very quickly!

And while these aren't exactly rocket boots, the rocket theme is definitely a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment